It is an object-oriented high-level programming language which is used for software and application development. Java programming language can be run from one system to another without recompiling, which systems support Java. You must have often seen that when you run any web application, software or program on your computer, the option of “java not installed” appears. happens because there are some applications or software which are made in Java programming language and without installing Java, you cannot run that application or software on your system.
History of Java programming language
The Java programming language has a very interesting history. It was originally designed for interactive television but at that time the technology was too advanced for digital cable television. The team that created the Java programming language is known as the Green Team. Initially, Java programming language was created for some digital devices like set top box, television but due to advanced technology, it was also suitable for the internet. Later this technology was purchased by Netscape. Principles like simple, robust, portable, platform independent, secured, high performance, architect neutral, object oriented and dynamic have been used to create Java programming language.
Java programming language was developed by James Gosling in 1995, he is also known as the Father of Java. This project was started by his team in the 90’s. Nowadays Java programming language is being used in internet programming and electronic devices. The Java programming language project was started in June 1991 by James Gosling, Mike Sheridan and Patrick Naughton. The name of his team was Green Team. Initially the name of Java programming language was Oak which was chosen for its strength and also for the national tree of many countries like USA, France, Germany Romania.
How does ava programming language work?
The philosophy of Java programming language is based on “write once, run everywhere”. It means that the program written in Java can be run on any machine which supports it. Java programming language is a powerful and flexible programming language which can be run on any platform. First the Java code is compiled in the form of Java Bytes, after that these Java Bytes run according to the JVM. JVM passes this actual process in its own language to be processed in the processor. JVM is part of the Java runtime environment (JRN).
Mainly 4 types of applications can be created using Java programming language: –
Standalone Application: – Standalone Application is also known as desktop application or window-based application. In a way, we can say that this is traditional software which we need to install on every machine.
Web Application: – Web application is that which runs on the server side and creates dynamic pages, which is called web application. Servlet, JSP, Struts, Spring etc. all these technologies are used to create web applications.
Enterprise Application: – Enterprise Application is the application which is used in places like banking. It has facilities like high level security, load balancing. To create this enterprise application, technology like EJB is used in Java.
Mobile Application – The application which is created for mobile device is called mobile application. Currently Android and Java ME are used to develop this type of application in Java.
Characteristics of Java programming language
- Java programming language is a simple language. This language is simpler than previous languages like C and C++. These previous languages had the feature of pointer which is not included in Java programming language.
- Java programming language also includes some good features like automatic memory allocation, garbage collection which make it better than the previous programming language.
- Java programming language is an object-oriented programming language. In this any high-level program depends on the object.
- To run Java programming language we need an interpreter. When Java programs are compiled, they produce byte codes, which only a machine can understand. Now the Java Codes created after compilation are machine independent, it can now be run in any system in which Java Interpreter is being used. The work of many compilers is to convert high level programming language into low level programming language because the machine cannot understand the high level language, it can only understand the language executed by the compiler. Once the source code is compiled, this executed byte code can be run on any system using a Java Interpreter.
- Java is an interpreted language which makes Java an architecture neutral programming language. Once we write the program in it, we can run it on any platform with the help of Java Virtual Machine.
- The feature of multi threading is available in Java programming language, with the help of which many tasks can be done simultaneously without calling the procedure of the operating system.
- This programming language is robust, that is, when this program is run, no error occurs in it.
- Java programming language is a portable programming language.